Friday, May 15, 2015

God is My Strength!

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Isaiah 12:2 
Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

I am writing this following my surgery yesterday. It would be easy for me to grumble/complain but I know where my strength comes from. God makes all things possible. I need to recognize my limitations and not overdo. God is my strength and my salvation. He gives me the ability to refrain from using my pain and discomfort as an excuse to be unkind or ugly to anyone else. As I was going into the operating room, I had a moment of anxiety but I reminded myself that I put myself in His hands. He is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. With His help, may I not mistreat others badly because I am not well or recovering from surgery. I am responsible to take care of myself so that I heal better and I am less tempted to say something that I would later regret.

When you are faced with an illness or recovering from surgery remember that God is your strength and healer too.

My prayer: Dear Father in heaven, You are my strength and portion. I thank You for a successful surgery and I pray for Your healing as I recover. To You be all glory and honor.  I also prayer for those  who are need of Your healing touch. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment