Monday, May 11, 2015

Grumble Vs. Victory in Jesus!

Troubles Can Work Good in Us or They Can Be An Excuse.
2 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV)
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  

Why is it that often believers use their troubles as an excuse to mistreat others? I did this when I was younger until one day I realized that it was wrong to mistreat others because I was not feeling good. When Moses lead his people out of Egypt they grumbled and complained often. It seemed like that there was nothing that would keep them happy for long. God gave them manna and quail. He provided water. Yet, they grumbled and wished that they have never left Egypt. I am not much different but I am trying to rely on God as my helper to overcome my grumbling ways. When I do not feel well is when I am most prone to grumble or complain. It is all a matter of perspective. I have to stop and think about others who have it harder than I do and realize the cost Jesus paid for my sins. I can turn to the scriptures to be reminded of God's goodness and He will sustain me.

Psalm 54:4 (NIV)
 Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me.

Psalm 55:22 (NIV)
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

Everything that happens in my life serves a purpose. Will I grumble or reach out to God in prayer for His amazing grace to help me? Grumbling does me no good and it does not encourage others nor does it make me good company. For the glory that it is meant to achieve in my life far outweighs all the trouble. When I consider Jesus as He went through the trails and crucifixion, who am I too complain?  He scorned the shame of the cross and was obedient unto death. All things are possible with God. He has the power to help me to bear my cross.

So are you a grumbler or do you desire victory in Jesus? When are you most prone to grumble?

My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, forgive me when I grumble or complain. Help my to seek You and Your strength and grace. May I not forget what Jesus suffered on my behalf. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment