Tuesday, October 6, 2015

God Can Humble the Proud;

All His Works are Right and His Ways are Just!
Daniel 4:37; 19-33

 It took a heck of lot to humble King Nebuchadnezzar before he realized the God rules over the kingdom of men and gives it to whom He will. Daniel had told the King how he was going to be humbled and advised him to turn from his evil ways. Yet, after 12 months, the king did not change his ways. He boasted that "he" had built his kingdom by "his" power and might. Minutes later God spoke and humbled the king as was foretold in his dream. This helps me to be mindful of how I look at things in my own life and to try to stay humble before God and to thank Him for all that I have and for what He has done in me.

There have been a number of times in my life that God has had to humble me. They were not pleasant memories but looking back I now see them in a different light. I would not be where I am today without those tough times in my life. After all God disciplines those He loves. I know that there will be times ahead where I am need to be reminded that God is greater and in control. Having been disciplined before I can hopefully learn quicker and the lesson not be so unpleasant. Staying humble is remembering that God is God and I am not; it is focusing more on Him and less on me. I heard it put this way; humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less and thinking of God and others more. God has made all the good in my life possible. 

I am greatly blessed and thankful for all that I have; friends, family, and ministry involvement. As God has worked on my hurts, hang ups, and habits, He has filled my heart with His great love for me. It is out of this that I am help to love myself in order to love others as myself. I can treat them as I would want to be treat; with respect, forgiveness, grace, and mercy. On my own, I cannot do anything apart from Him.

It is my hope and prayer that you are able to find encouragement in what God has given me to share with you. 


My Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, I give You thanks for the 50 years of life that You have so blessed me with. I praise Your name for all the many blessings that You have given me. Help me to remain humble before You and be a light for others to come to know You more. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment