Monday, October 12, 2015

Do Unto to Others...

As You Would Have Them Do To You.
Luke 6:31

I want to examine this more closely. I have done some reading on personalities in Marita Littauer's book, "Wired That Way." It is from understanding my personality that I can begin to understand others. If I understand, for example, that someone I love is wired differently then I can think to myself that if I were wired that way how would I want to be treated. Personally, I crave respect and affirmations. I, therefore, try my best to show respect and give positive feedback yet for some people who are wired differently they don't necessarily receive it as it is intended. I know people who are wired to crave credit for their work and desire loyalty, therefore, I strive to acknowledge that person's hard work promptly. This also helps me to not look for what I need from someone who is wired differently. 

God has made each person unique and one of a kind. If I expect others to be like me then I am doing them a disservice and not respecting them for the uniqueness that God has created. Besides if everybody was like me it would be nuts because nothing would get done. I have come to accept myself for who God created me to be and now I can accept others for who God created them to be. According to Marita's book my personality is one that likes to fun have and do things the easy way. This has its drawbacks of not being very motivated but it also has its blessings of being a people person. 

One of my recent favorite verses in the Bible is Romans 12:18, If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. The key here is that as far as it depends on me not someone else. I am responsible for my actions and the words that come out of my mouth not for anyone else just me. Understanding the personalities helps me to live in peace with others. Each person is God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus. He knows each of us better than we know ourselves. With His help, I can love and appreciate the people who are in my life and those who come into my life.

My Prayer: Dear God, You are the creator of every person and everything. All Your works are right and Your ways are just. Thank You for creating me to be who I am. Help me to love and accept others for who You created them to be and to do unto others as I would want them to treat me.. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment