Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Silver Miner Returns

God is a Gentleman!
Psalm 103:8
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
2 Peter 3:9 
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.  

Yes, my God is a Gentleman. He is ever faithful. Psalm 33:4, "For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does." I found 9 other places in His word where God is said to be slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. I particularly like 2 Peter 3:9 where it states that God is patient with us not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. He will not force Himself on us but invites us to come and see, for ourselves, His tender mercies which are new every morning. He desires for all to come to salvation but yet does not force it because He wants us to desire Him. This is why He made salvation so simple and yet man complicates it. All one has to do is come to Jesus through looking to the cross and what Jesus did for us (John 3:14-17). 

I have been the fickle one. When times are peaceful I tend to grow lax in my reading of His word and prayer. I have been reading through Hosea the last couple of days. The way God addresses Israel's denial of Him pains me and I do not want God to think of me like this. I desire to be hopelessly devoted to Him. I need to set a time to spend with Him so that I can strengthen my relationship with Him just as I would with my husband and/or a friend. 

So my challenge to you is to read Hosea and ask yourself how does God see you.

My Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, hear my prayer, forgive me for putting other things before You and neglecting Your Word and prayer time with You. Help me to return to my first love, You! May others see You in me. Amen!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment