Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Choice

It All Comes Down to the Choice We Make!
Proverbs 1:33 & Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Choice is a freedom that God gives to each of us, yet, it comes with its rewards and/or consequences. For example Adam and Eve made a choice to believe the serpent and ate thus suffered the consequences. Abram made a choice to follow God's calling and received many blessings. Though he, too, made poor choices that had significant consequences. Moses, in Deuteronomy 30:19-20, called the Israel to make a choice.
19 I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live
20 And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.(AMP)
Society often does not accept this freedom for everyone. People get mad when your choice does not agree with theirs. I have experienced this in my own family when I was growing up and in many other places. I have to admit that I am having a really tough time with the choice that others I know have made in light of recent events, yet, it is theirs to make. God loves and accepts me as I am even when I make poor choices. Therefore, I am to love others in spite of their choice and agree to disagree agreeably.
Reading Proverbs 1:28-33 has given me hope. It explains what is going on and I cling to verse 33,
 But whoso hearkens to me [Wisdom] shall dwell securely and in confident trust and shall be quiet, without fear or dread of evil. (AMP) God is still the same and His truth remains constant therefore I have nothing to fear. Jesus is still the way, the truth, and the life. Nothing can change this. My hope is in the Lord and He is my strength.

My prayer: Dear God in heaven, I am thankful that You never change. Help me to love others especially when we disagree. You sent Your Son to die for all of us. Thank You, Lord God. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog posting Patricia. It is definitely with a heavy heart that I go forward everyday because of the ripple effect that may occur.

    ReplyDelete