Thursday, February 26, 2015

Treasure Thursday #1

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (ESV)
I thought that today I would focus on the gifts that God has given me as I put Him first and how I look at things differently. In every situation, there is something to be thankful for and to consider as a gift from God. For instance, when I left Las Vegas God had brought snow to the mountaintops and instead of complaining for the colder temps I thought what a send off for the mountains were beautiful. Another of His gifts was the pleasure of sitting with Jamilia from Australia. You see, my older son has a fascination with Australia. She was returning to Perth, Australia, after a 5 week journey to Trinidad and back. Only God could have done that knowing what a treasure this would be. I have her picture to treasure.
God does not change! Just today talking with a new friend and a treasure, J.R., I realized how amazing that is. God's love, mercy, grace, and compassion never change. Think about this for a moment! We would not still be here if God changed. He is the only being that does not change. Think how many times that you change your mind in a day let alone a week. If God was like this we would all be dead.
What treasures can you find to give God thanks for today? Give Him thanks for being unchangeable!

My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me.

2 comments:

  1. Another of my favorite verses is where God proclaims to Moses who He is:
    The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation. (Exodus 34: 6-7)
    God never changes in the holiness he expects from us, and he never changes in his forgiving nature!! How amazing is it that he remembers us always in perfect detail, but still loves us so very much! God has been so faithful to me; he is always there to provide for me everything I need. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that with me, Beth. I love that reminder of the great God we serve. May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him. Rock on!

      Delete