Friday, February 27, 2015

Mining God’s Word like Silver Day 3



Let us look at Psalm 50:14-15, 23 Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.” “The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God! (ESV)

What does it mean to offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving? 
I believe this is when I offer God thanksgiving when my world seems to be caving in. My sacrifice of thanksgiving brings Him glory and He hears my prayers and delivers me from my trouble. To the one who orders his/her way rightly God will show His salvation. I understand this to be that He will provide a way out and carry me through it all. I am to give thanks in all situations not for all situations. I have often given thanks for accidents that could have happened but didn’t while driving here and there. I give Him thanks for life itself. An attitude of gratitude changes one’s outlook on life. I am thankful for new friends and the changes God is making in my life.

When have you had the opportunity to offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving?

Next week I will focus on Colossians 3:5-17; Putting off the Old Self and Putting on the New Self

My disclaimer: I know that every believer's relationship to God is different and unique. You may not have the same experiences and that is okay. I am sharing because I want to bring Him the glory for what He is doing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment