Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My First Step to Becoming a Silver Miner 4 God

Proverbs 2: 3-5 reads "Yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search it for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." (ESV) I will be referencing the English Standard Version of the Bible.
This is the beginning of my understanding that God wants those who believe in Him  to spend time searching His word like silver. I researched silver mining and it proved to be quite interesting. Silver is found with a number of different things such as chlorine and lead two name just a couple. There were silver rushes many years ago like gold rushes. Silver towns lasted longer than gold towns because of how the silver was found. When silver was found with lead then another company came in and worked with just the lead thus a hidden treasure.

For me, silver mining God's Word is taking time with a passage of scripture and focusing on the meaning of certain words. For example, the definition of insight (underlined in the above passage) is 'the capacity to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of a person or thing.' Therefore, in order, to gain a deep and intuitive understanding of God, we need to to seek insight like silver in the study of His word. As I have begun this journey God has revealed it to me that my hidden treasures are in my daily life when I stop and look for the good in what happened in my day.

I recently went on a trip to see my ailing father and I kept a running list of all the treasures during that time. I was astounded at the many blessings that I found along the way and I relish in God's love for me. One of these treasures was a friendly person named Ashly  with whom I talked with on my flight from Houston to Las Vegas. I will blog more about the hidden treasures later.

I know that for each person their walk with Gods is different and unique. I am just sharing with you mine because I want to give God the glory for what He is doing in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my memory verses is Proverbs 17:3, "The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart." How precious are we that God tests our hearts personally! He wants us to come to him, looking for the deeper meaning in his Word and seeking the silver in the dross.
    Looking forward to seeing what God has to say through you!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so agree with you. God's love for us is so amazing. Thanks for following. May you be blessed as I have been.

      Delete